Friday, April 29, 2005

Eva the Angel

The train station looked so deserted and felt so cold when the last train finally arrived in Stockholm Central closed to midnite. I have no Swedish Kroner nor booking at any accommodations. I was looking forward to the boat accommodation touted by my guidebook.

She was reading a book when I braced myself to approach her to ask direction to a cash machine, after several “tawaf” of the place and still couldn’t find any. And she spoke perfect English! :) She told me that the station recently relocated the machine outside and she could direct me to it herself - as she missed her train and had to wait for the last one which will take some time. While I was taking some cash she asked me if I have any place to stay since it was so late already and when I said not yet and it was way too late for me to call my sister’s friend who lives in Stockholm, she told me we can use her mobile to call the numbers. We called several numbers from my guidebook especially the boat accommodations which I was so looking forward to, but after several rounds of call without anyone picking up the phone, I began to panic. This is the first time I arrived at any city without being able to get accommodation! Eva being the angel she is immediately offered me to come home with her! We took the train after midnite to Kelhel where she lives.. I think that's the name :) (Sorry Eva, I don't think I will ever get this right! :)

Thus, I made a new friend whom I will never forget, who was so kind to help a complete stranger in distress.. She even let me use her PC to send e-mails (I immediately told both Sedad and Khal about Eva :) and served me breakfast the next morning, along with great conversations (about men :) and family values) before sending me off on the train toward the direction of Gamla Stan on her way to bowling practise (Eva BTW is a great bowler! after seeing all those bowling trophies at her apt!) I took her advice on checking out the Viking Cruise to Finlandia, which I am glad I did and went :)

This is for Eva, my Swedish Angel :)

Eva

Pics by Teliung

I hope one day (soon!) she’ll make that trip to sunny Malaysia, so that she can use the pareo I am sending her to be used on our tropical beach :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home