Monday, February 13, 2006

Trump Card

Over the weekend, I bought 3 books, 2 by Donald Trump and the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (finally!). As everyone else, I thot Trump was an arrogant guy until I saw his hit TV show. .the Apprentice. I was quite impressed by Trump and the fact the show was produced by Mark Burnett. I like the business lessons Trump was imparting on the Apprentice. They are simple and make much sense. With our busy lifestyle I can’t really catch up with the episodes.. so I decided to see if he has any books on the market.. I can’t find the Art of the Deal, but did find 2 books “How to Get Rich” and “Think Like a Billionaire”.

What I like about Trump is the fact he is so direct and say it as it is. The chapters are so simple and straight to the point. They are short and sweet to fit my short attention span! My family saw me reading his books over our family gathering on Sat and thot I was better off reading books by Bill Gates.. but I told them I already did, but decided that Trump way of putting things are so much easier and simpler. I like his style..at least on imparting his business lessons.

When I like a book, I went thru it in record time and I finished both Trump books the same weekend I bought them, even while I had other things to do on that same weekend - I went shopping, visited my family, tended to my hanging garden and redo my bedroom in the new aqua and green Aussino’s bedsheets and spread. And yet make time to finish Trump two books..

Eventhough yeah he bragged like no one else, at the same time the lessons he shares are very useful and most practical. I guess that’s why he is where he is right now.. at the top.

I am saving the Da Vinci Code for later but I guess I need to read it soon! … Yes, I had to read the dang book before the movie is released in Malaysia this May ..and the fact that I am planning to go to Paris again in the Fall. Maria offered me the book when she finished reading it on Redang on our turtle trip in August 2004, but I was too lazy to carry it to the mainland coz it was a very thick hardcover.. but now I regretted it coz I shud have read the book then. When I browse the bookstore in Paris in May last year, it was just dang expensive to get them at Champ Elysee Borders.. so now I have to make a point to get the paperback version in KL before May 2006, so I am all prepared for the movie and when I visited the Lourve again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home