Monday, December 05, 2005

A Vigil for Steph

I got to know Steph from Bnet, a website I was introduced to by Dr. Godlas thru the webby award.

The first few folks I met thru this platform that discusses faith, politics and other issues - at the Islam Challenge and Critique platform, were Steph, Ibn, John, Ali, and a few others.

Steph who lives in Vermont, is one of those kindred spirit that I continue to keep in touch personally with, eventhough I haven't had much time to be on Bnet. Both she and Bill have a very challenging few years since I knew them, but they continue to be very strong in meeting the challenges and bariers life threw at them. In late July, she informed me via msn that she just found out she had cancer.. a week or so after that, Nan in Amsterdam told me she also has cancer. I decided to introduce both of them as I feel they can find true support in each other.

Steph with her deteriorating conditions is very supportive of others. She is always worrying about others, Bill, Nan, her children, instead of herself. Steph was doing quite well until a few weeks ago when she msn-ed me she is not doing so well lately. My last chat with her was on Nov 24. This morning Bill just msn-ed me that she is dying .. according to the doctor could be tonite or tomorrow.

May God gives His mercy and blessings on her and put her in His tender care.

Life is truly short and we must appreciate all the time we can spend with our loved ones.

This is for Steph and I hope Bill and her children will find the strength to face this very difficult time.

My Love and Hugs,
Zai
Kuala Lumpur

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zai,

steph is definitely a fine woman. Worrying till the end how the loved one will survive without her.

Yeah, I agree with you life is too short. Sometimes we are too engrossed with our work and friends that we tend to hurt and forgot our love ones until it is too late.

Izzah.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger teliung said...

Dear Izzah,

It's nice to see you perusing my blog :)

I am sad to say that Steph already passed away ): It was a trying time for us all.. especially Bill the husband. Life is short indeed and we need to spend it on our loved ones.

Salaam to you and your loved ones,
Zai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home