Friday, April 07, 2006

A stirling personality

There are very few individuals I admire in life, and I tend to admire someone becoz of their intrinsic characteristics.

My favorite personality is of course Tun Dr. Mahathir for the person he is, extremely sharp and a true leader for the Muslims and the Malays. It is very rare indeed to find someone like Dr Mahathir in a few millenia whom has single-handedly bring respect to muslims in Malaysia and around the world, as well be a leader to look up to.

Another person is Prof Diraja Engku Aziz who has done a lot of goods for the Malay economics. Engku Aziz charted many smart programs such as Tabung Haji to provide means to do Hajj while saving Malay lands from being sold for such purpose. Two individuals whom both have passed away was Allahyarham Pak Sako, a prominent writer and historian, and Datuk Mubin Shepard (an Irishman who devoted his life in documenting and appreciating the Malay culture).

An important figure who has impressed me in the last few years is Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary, a most humble businessman who is doing good things balancing Islam and business.

I'd like to share the beautiful character of Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary that I admire. I remembered when helping out with the Tsunami orphans, he dropped by in his black Perdana late at nite to discuss with TSS how he can help with the orphans. I admire the fact that he didn't sent his henchmen but came by himself to see things thru.

Bank Muamalat, one of the Islamic banks is finally in the black after his takeover.

I hope there are more Malays and Muslims like him to emulate and bring respect to the ummah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home