Sunday, March 20, 2005

Mad Dash for Madrid

I left Paris for Madrid on May 20th, sent off by Abi, Kak Fatimah's first born.

Our first trial to get me off to Madrid failed miserably.. we went to the wrong bus station after an expensive Parisian cab ride and still missed the only euroline bus going to Madrid today and no one to assist us this Sunday morning. We felt like kicking ourselves for not giving enuff buffer time to allow for emergencies, since we preferred to climb Eiffel Tower this particular morning! We also got a good scolding :) from Kak Fatimah whom Abi contacted, on her way home from a badminton game. I also have a feeling she and her husband were worried about me going on my own, as they preferred I stay put in Paris instead of galavanting around Europe on my own.

I was booked into and still end up with a very expensive ticket I can't use..but the Euroline guy at Gare Austerlitz took pity on me and changed my ticket for a 6 month validity.. to be used until September (so I guessed I have to come again in September :)

Failing the bus option and the fact I must meet my tour group before they left Madrid for the Spanish tour, it dawned on me (duh!) that I should use my Eurail pass option - to take the last train from Paris to Madrid Charmatin in time to make it to Barajas Airport to meet the Pfizer group and Kak Long and Kak Ngah morning of the 21st.

AGAIN Abi and I made a mad dash (with many metro changes!) to another train station across town to catch the last train to Madrid. We felt like having a heart attack if we could't reached the station in time or if there is no more seat available on the overnite train. But FORTUNATELY we did make it in time, and FINALLY got to catch a breather (ahhh..:) and rewarded ourselves with a very late lunch, Baskin Robbin ice-creams and coffee while waiting for the train to arrive.

THANK YOU Abi! :)

Paris Gare Austerlitz - waiting for train to Madrid Chamartin with fellow passengers

Pics by Teliung

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home