Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sintra

8th century Moorish arch

Pics by teliung

Sintra was a wonderful surprise.

I have never heard of this place until I reached Lisboa on Easter week and got stuck in Lisboa as there were no seats on the train to Barcelona or Milano. Peering thru my loyal Lonely Planet guidebook, Sintra was highlighted as a must do if you only have time to do one place only. It was the best decision and Sintra was really cheap to do as well. It took only the subway ticket to Sintra and it was very accessible. Once we get there, there is a tourbus to take us up the hill to the Palecio de Pena and the Castle de Mouros.

What a beautiful place it is. I definitely will try to go back there.. as soon as I can!

Castle de Mouros

Pics by Phoebe



Pics by teliung

The Moroccan influence can be felt everywhere .. in the architectural structures, the details of its village, the sounds of the beautiful Fado in the air, the beautiful features of its denizens and the food, pastry and beverage, as well as in the quaint village at the middle of the hill.

Palecio de Pena with its whimsical color, made me feel I am in a fairytale scene.. well I can just feel Shrek is coming to save Princess Fiona :)



Pics by Phoebe

I would include Sintra as a honeymoon destination.. The sceneries are so beautiful, the air so fresh and it is totally secluded and detached from the rest of the world.

At the foot of Sintra

Pics by teliung

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home