Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A blog-challenged retro individual

I know it's already end of May and I haven't updated my blog!

What do you know.. I am an extremely blog-challenged individual!
I only learnt to create the blog a few days before I left for Europe and never had a chance or the time to figure it all out, so I religiously (whenever I could) wrote manually (my forte - doodling with a pen and paper :)..in my travel journal :)

Cost is also a major factor as throughout Europe, internet access is SO bloody expensive - imagine in Spain (Occidental Hotel, Sevilla to be exact) the receptionist quoted me 1 euro for every 6 minutes! Are they crazy or what? To send 2 very short e-mails can cost a minimum of 10 euros.. that was Rome to be specific! (Telekom Italia - the downloading is extremely, extremely slow and all of us poor foreign travelers felt it was done on purpose! - YES, this was a favorite topic of discussion among us, foreign travelers- so that we poor foreigners have to keep buying those bloody expensive phone cards sold only by Telekom Italia!). And the first 10 minutes will have to be wasted on figuring out the system in whatever language (NO, we can't change them to English! we all tried) - Spanish or Italian. At least in France and DE/Germany I could still change to English version, most of the times.

Running around Europe (for 9 weeks to be exact) within so many countries, left not much time to update my blog, when even sending "must-send" e-mails are a pain to keep up with.

So I will have to recreate my European trip travel journal on this blog retroactively. My sincere apologies to all who have been inquiring.

I will start the journal by posting the first e-mail sent to friends when I first arrived in Paris..coz it captured the enthusiasm I felt there and then, which can't be reproduced "retroactively" :) (Looking back at this and reading this now..gosh I sound like a little kid let loose in a candy store!).

Forgive the enthusiasm! :P

2 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger CestmoiCK said...

Well, it's great that you've finally gotten around to updating your blog! Glad you had a whale of a good time in Europe! :)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger teliung said...

hehehe.. God I am so lagging behind! I'll have to start from both ends to try to catch up :P

yes, that's what I'll do..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home