Friday, May 06, 2005

Enno at Keukenhof

Tulpens of Keukenhof

Pics by Teliung


When Enno (naively:P) agreed to Nan’s suggestion that he took me to Keukenhof, he had no idea what he has gotten himself into :)

Early Friday morning, Enno showed up at the breakfast deli Nan and I was at, having your typical Amsterdam breakfast of cheese and fresh baguette with coffee (sorry Nan, it was too huge, I can’t finished it :) I am sure on his mind, well this girl looked “pretty normal” enuff :) Poor Enno, he didn’t realized what he’s got himself into.

We drove to Keukenhof about half an hour away from Amsterdam. We were early and parked the car in the huge grassy parking spot. Soon enough, Enno had a big headache from nature-crazy moi! Just snapping away from all sorts of angles unthinkable by any other photographers :) I also made him go thru the bushes with me to quietly photo-ambushed a couple of wild ducks building a nest..and taking dozen of snaps of the windmills rotating blades (and not to forget hundreds of colorful tulips :P~). Enno also taught me how to make a movie of the rotating windmills on my new camera.. to think that I missed making a movie of those colorful flamenco dancers in Sevilla! just coz I was too lazy to read the little manual that come with it! :)

When we couldn’t find any tulip bulbs for sale after 3 circles of the huge area, I told Enno, if we (yes, he too!) were to “accidently pull some bulbs from the garden, it wasn’t my fault coz they don’t sell any in the whole bloody place. Lucky for Enno :) and Keukenhof :) (and to the relief of Nan, later when Enno told her what I was willing to do :) at our last exit, we found a stall selling some tulips and hyacinths but still no bulbs ): Enno, having grown up in the countryside (lucky him!) with gardens and lots of plants, also helped chose the best tulpens and hyacinths to bring back to Bonn and Paris as presents, (and to smuggle back to Malaysia.. :P). So I made him promised me to send some bulbs to Malaysia (for experiment purpose..see if it’ll grow in hilly and chilly UK Perdana :) in the Fall when they are available for sale along with my favorite “Lilies of the Valley”. (Don’t forget OK Enno! :) If they still don’t have the bulbs for sale in the Fall, Enno will just have to pull some “wild ones” from the roadside near the highway off Keukenhof! :)

Enno and Lady Raven

Pics by Teliung

He also advised on good souvenirs to buy instead of the stuff most poor tourists got trapped into buying. Since I was not going to Britain and Ireland after Amsterdam as originally plan due to time limitation, I could carry some souvenirs to bring back for folks. For my own, the most precious souvenirs are memories of my travels and the wonderful folks I met and the adventures along the way.

At the end of the day, we also managed to misplace Enno’s car:) We have no idea where it was, as there were now hundreds of car at that darn parking lot. After 20 minutes Enno finally located it, what a relief!

It was a crazy day indeed for Enno (but normal for me :) but I think :) he had lots of fun :) I know even though I gave him much headaches, Enno won’t ever regret spending the day with this one-of-a-kind-girl from KL :) Right Enno? :P

Birds' Nest - Keukenhof

Pics by Teliung

1 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger teliung said...

:)~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home