Saturday, May 07, 2005

Nan



Nan - sweet and kind.

These are the images I have of Nan, my new found friend from Amsterdam.

When Feisal first gave me her contact e-mail and we wrote to each other, I have an image of how nice and sweet this lady is, yet, she managed to exceed my expectations! and more :)

My first image of Amsterdam was Nan waiting patiently for me at her tram station (I was 40 minutes late from waiting at the wrong tram station!) and my last image of Amsterdam was also of Nan patiently sending me off at the train station on a cold and wet afternoon after she and Ronald took me to see the windmills at Zhaans Schaan. Yes, both of them woke up SO VERY EARLY on a Saturday morning! to arrange for transportation to take me to see the windmills.. I am very touched.

And how can I forget.. she, without failed will served me hot tea every morning in bed :P (my wake up call :)

Glorious Seafood the nice chef has "customized" especially for moi :)

Pics by Teliung

She made sure she showed me Amsterdam as the local would have it. I enjoyed the Canal tour, as well as the wonderful food at the Seafood restaurant (with sea gulls cries and sound of the waves..and I loved those miniature snails :)

Little snails from the sea

Pics by Teliung

and piping hot square walnut buns served with three types of herb butter), Halal Kebab place (wonderful lamb ribs :), meeting up with some colorful characters along the way (Henke - the drunk rastafarian philosopher,

Henke the Rastafarian philosopher

Pics by Teliung

a bulldog or is it a pitbull? who won't leave the "Cafe"..which has a copy of Faust!, lady with orange hair),

Happy camper! :P


Pics by Teliung

and on my last nite, managed to scout an extra ticket so that I could see the Daughter of Soul concert at Club Paradiso.
(See link to view the concert on 6.5.05 at http://www.fabchannel.com/ )

This is for you Nan and Ronald :)

And yes.. you AND Ronald better pick up your gifts (and Katrinka's) in KL:)

THANK YOU!

Nan and Ronald at their Secret Garden


Pics by Teliung

6 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger CestmoiCK said...

Hmm...Nan served you hot tea in BED??? Mana aci??? I was preggers with Y when we were at her place and she sure didn't serve me tea in bed, hmmmphhh!!!! Just kiddin, heheh.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger CestmoiCK said...

Hey, can you send me the pic of Nan and Ronald (the ORIGINAL size lah). This one on your blog is dang small, can't see their faces maahhhh! :) Thanks!

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger teliung said...

I am falling asleep already.. its 2:30AM here in KL... dang I take me forever to append those pics! :) Can I send you/enlarge it tomorrow? :P

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger teliung said...

CK,

I finally figured out how to enlarge the pic! :) and told Nan about the travel blog and she is pushing me to see it already! So here goes.. :)

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger teliung said...

uh..oh..

I guessed I was the only one Nan served tea in bed.. erm..did I mentioned it was also my wake up call? :P

/Zai

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger teliung said...

Nan! When I come visit you again I will definitely SERVE YOU tea and toast in bed! :P

Hugs,
Zai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home