Friday, August 25, 2006

Awana Kijal's days of the VVIPs

I have to make trips to Awana Kijal my second home almost every week.. Last week when I was here, the whole resort was buzzing with making the place spic and span until you can see yourself on the polished tiles.

A visit to Pak Din's house our turtle ranger who lives in Kemasik 5 minutes away from the hotel, leaked the news that the Sultan of Brunei is coming, as well as the PM. So this week when I arrived yesterday the day is buzzing with all the VVIPs including Sultan of Brunei, Sultan Mizan of Terengganu, Pak Lah the PM, Datuk Syed Hamid, Tan Sri Fuzi (who still remembers me from our Washington DC days and said hi first :), the Chief Ministers of Terengganu Datuk Idris Jusoh, CM of Sabah and CM of Sarawak, and Hugo Chavez of Venezuela.

When I got off the elevator just now to go to the Coffee House to get on the mobile broadband and a late supper (had to missed out on dinner when I left the Plant after 10PM)..the whole entourage was there lining along the corridor to welcome "me" hehehe.. it seems the Sultan of Brunei's suite is on my wings and Sultan Mizan was just taking him to his suite to withdraw for the nite.

So I sort of got the whole royal treatment as well as get to say hi to err.. some familiar faces :) all in one swipe.

I also got to chat with some of the Bruneian delegates. The whole VVIP trip started yesterday and ends tomorrow same time as my trip. The good thing is that even with all the these VVIPs around, the nice hotel staff and management still treat me like their weekly regular VIP :)from the valet, the concierge, the reception to their middle and top management.. and still spend some time to say hi and chat for a while. That is what I will call a genuine 5-star treatment. Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to get your Datukship?

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger teliung said...

Nik, this must be you! hehehe
Wah congratulations the little Nik delivered in early December :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home