Tuesday, April 25, 2006

THE One

So I finally decided on THE one for me. The X60s :)

It took me almost two months of deliberation and on off readings and headaches until I shortlisted my candidates to two, the T60 at 2.38Kg vs the X60s at 1.57Kg. I got sidetracked for a day or two by Din the vendor guy I met at KL PC Fair to take a look at Lenovo 3000 N100 (obviously HIS dream machine :)- coz he is also the vendor for the X60s and T60). But after touching the humongous thing at 15.4" widescreen decided to run away as fast as I can from it eventhough the specs are pretty darn tempting.. coz err..I find it a bit tacky and cheap-looking and not as nicely textured compared to the ThinkPad (OK I am quite a snob when it comes to certain thing!)

After two sleepless nites and bothering a couple of folks via sms and phone :), including at the last minute managed to drag my biased-against-IBM bro Ajak to Low Yatt who just came back from wherever-he-just-came-from (I can never keep track where he fly in from any given time coz he is forever measuring some ocean somewhere in the world as a hydrogeological surveyor), decided LIGHT, THIN and BLACK is what suits lazy lazy moi.. [OK so I also like the latest Intel duo core processor, Intel Centrino duo mobile, 1.66GHz, wireless a/b/g, windows XP Pro, bluetooth, 3 USB ports, the 7-8 hours battery life esp, bla..bla..not to forget the sleek & small all leather case:)] BUT most importantly if everytime I had to lug my co notebook I felt like checking in the darn thing... it will be wise for me to get the lightest pretty little mobile to OWN and carry around with me, to have coffee with at Coffee Bean and to blog or write my impeding best-sellers on some flights and train journeys :)

The X60s LACK of optical drive/touchpad turned me off for some time (veering me towards the T60 - if Sony and other minute laptops can incorporate this feature, I don't understand why Lenovo refuses to incorporate it on the X60s!), but the sensual keypads and its lightness and battery life somehow have a stronghold on me and finally tipped the balance, esp when I read I can buy the X6 docking base which has an optical drive and whatever it is lacking - for use at home.

Even today, just before I order the X60s via phone, my supernice IT guy still trying very hard to convince me to defer for a day and to sway me to look at the fashionable Sony SZ series (in its multitude of spiffy color), which is mighty tempting.. but (trying very hard to stay focus on IBM err..)..nah.. I will go for my ThinkPad.. I am such a sucker for brand loyalty (err..eventhough darn it is now Lenovo which turned me off yet again ): ). I always end up buying Nikon for my camera.. no matter what version, SLR, digital or what not..it is not vanity but my decisions are based on these brands being most established and durable in the long run, instead of merely spotting the latest or most fashionable trend. And so I will settle finally and peacefully with the ultraportable, ultralite and latest super ThinkPad :)

OK no one should try to change my mind now. I am getting it tomorrow :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home