Thursday, June 02, 2005

SedaP-only-for-women ;)



Pics by Teliung
SedaP nur fur Frauen, with Nina and Amir in the background paying for Parking at Pizza Casa Kasse

I knew Sedad a few years ago through mutual friends, Khal and Feisal via the Lembing network. I think we met at several occasions when he was living in Malaysia - at birthday bashes including mine (which I was legendary late! it was the Japanese faults :) sumimasen. Once he and his friend Zuki followed us to a Candat Sotong (Squid Jigging) trip at Pulau Kapas, Terengganu. (Hmm.. come to think of it, the group cap was orange, Sedad did you have anything to do with that? :)

I heard a few years ago that he moved to Germany. When I was planning my Europe trip, we got acquainted again thru MSN, as I needed some advice on Germany. Sedad somehow managed to convince me to "drop by" Bosnia and Herzegovina, his kampung, which I am glad I did (at the expense of dropping Greece and Turkey from my list :)

I didn't really know the person Sedad is until we meet again in Bonn. Getting to know Sedad up close and personal was interesting indeed. I find him to be a challenging personality (READ: we can never agree on most things, maybe becoz we are both very opinionated individuals :)- except on the Syariah perhaps..[heck we are both conservative lot! LOL]. We can probably talk on any subjects (and will managed to differ -you can bet on this- on each one..heh!). Our hotspots are anything Asians vs. Europeans. I'd (innocently :) made some random comments on the Europeans ways of doing things and he will start defending the Europeans to no ends! [PS: Stubborn as a mule to put his own words.. here's pic of one zehr cute mule from inner Mongolia.. :P ]



(Now Sedad don't forget you have Mongol blood as well.. and last time I checked Genghiz Khan was Asian! :)~

He is very considerate, attentive to others and KIND :), yet, he'll probably threaten to "beat me with a stick" (his own words again) if he knows I am writing anything nice about him.. he has a problem digesting compliments (probably throwing up by now :P) He'd probably be more relieved if I were to say he is horrible.

BUT I know Sedad will be on cloud nine if I were to acknowledge he is smart :) So Sedad, here's to one(cough..cough..ok..ok..I'll say it!)SmArT :)~ wonderful guy!

PS/ Mongolia was never flat! :)~

This from our discussion on Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog):
Ayah 96 "Until the Gog and Magog (people) are let through (their barrier), and they swiftly swarm from every hill." (Surah 21, The Prophets, Al Qur'an)

where my theory was the Mongols were one of the two tribes and he on automatic-default-mode-to-challenge said that Mongolia is a flat land.. hah where is that atlas..

See also this link on Atilla the Hun as descendant of Genghiz Khan
Atilla the Hun



Genghiz Khan

[..to quote Lonely Planet, "Mongolia is one of the highest countries in the world, with an average elevation of 1580m (5180ft). Its highest mountains are in the far west. The Mongol Altai Nuruu are permanently snowcapped, and their highest peak, Tavanbogd Uul (4370m/14,350ft), has a magnificent glacier that towers over Mongolia, Russia and China."]

Land of the Genghiz Khan

Mongolia

Altai Mountain, Mongolia
(pics from www.jagged-globe.co.uk)

pic by Alan Halewood


pic by Graham Taylor

hah! :P~

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home